The Site Council's objective is to assist Granite Oaks Middle School in matters pertaining to the school and its educational program. Specific objectives include:
• Advising, recommending, and reviewing with the principal, teachers, other school personnel, parents, and pupils the implementation of the school improvement program and assessing periodically the effectiveness of the program.
• Facilitating school and district communication with parents and community.
• Informing and advising school and district staff regarding community conditions, aspirations, and goals.
• Assisting in providing support to parents, teachers, students, and community for school programs.
• Involving citizens in a meaningful way in problems and important decisions confronting Granite Oaks Middle School.
• Foster relationships between homes, school, and staff.