Middle school is an exciting time for students, parents, and family members. Counseling Services at the middle school level strive to support the transitional challenges students are navigating during seventh and eighth grades.
Granite Oaks and Spring View Middle Schools are an integral part of the Rocklin Unified School District Comprehensive Secondary Counseling Program. The Granite Oaks Middle School Counseling Services mission is to help students develop new cognitive capabilities, foster positive peer interactions and consider future academic and career opportunities. Our mission at Granite Oaks Middle School directly supports the overarching Seventh through Twelfth grade comprehensive counseling mission to “serve all students by supporting a quality educational program which insures that each student has the opportunity to meet their academic, career, personal and social goals”. Our ongoing focus on the three domains of academic development, career development and personal/social development creates the ideal school environment for the successful transition to high school.
• Student scheduling
• Course selection/placement
• Strategies for improving grades/study skills
• Participation in student/teacher/parent/family meetings
• Testing: information and interpretation
• Career Day
• High school graduation planning/college entrance requirements
• College/Career readiness activities/resources
• Personal counseling available upon request from student/parent/guardian or by referral from teacher/staff member/administrator
• Available for parent conference
• Referral to school-based and community resources
• Crisis intervention, conflict resolution, peer mediation and advocacy
• Drug/alcohol prevention, education and outside referral information
Middle school counseling services are organized by grade level similar to Rocklin and Whitney High Schools. Each counselor will start with an incoming class of 7th graders and work with these same students through 8th grade promotion. As counselors, we strive to create a safe and caring environment, support the learning process and promote academic success. Both Ms. Marcarian and Ms.Lindsey possess a Master’s Degree and State Certification in School Counseling.
Academy support for 8th Grade: Discovery, Quest, Sierra, Talon
Academy support for 7th Grade: Key, Legacy, Odyssey, Rubicon